Join Alesha Buczny, B.F.A. as we learn how to paint in watercolours. Learn about this wonderful medium as Alesha takes you step by step through 10 classes.
Kindly note: no supplies are provided.
Watercolour Class Supply List:
Paper:Canson 140lb 9x12 pack of paper.
Watercolor Paints: I recommend Windsor Newton/Cotman (Student Grade) or Grumbacher (Michaels Brand). Both these paints come in kits and as individual tubes.
· Lemon Yellow
· Cadmium Yellow or Medium Yellow
· Cadmium Red
· Alizarin Crimson
· Dioxazine Violet
· Cerulean Blue
· Ultramarine Blue
· Prussian Blue
· Viridian Green
· Yellow Ochre
· Burnt Siena
· Burnt Umber
· Payne’s Grey
· Ivory Black
Brushes: I recommend 3 brushes to start with.
· 1 ½ - 2 inch flat brush
· #4 or #6 round brush
· Small round pointed tip brush which can be labelled as Detail or Linear.
Other Miscellaneous supplies, some you may have at home already:
· Green Painters Tape 1 ½-2 inches no smaller
· Paper Towel
· Paint tray
· Jar for water
· Spray bottle for water (Travel size size is great)
· Birch Board or Polycarbonate (any thin light plastic board will do) no smaller than
16 x20 inches.
· Pencil, Eraser and a fine point black gel pen or Sharpie.
· Small container of salt (Any kind will do, table pink, pickling or course)
Continuing Waterclor Students:
Please review the beginners list to see if you are missing anything. As well as there may be a few new supplies listed for you below.
New watercolor Colors:
I recommend Windsor Newton/Cotman (Student Grade) or Grumbacher (Michaels Brand).
· Gamboge Yellow
· Quinacridone Rose or Permanent Rose
· Purple Lake
· Sap Green
· Hookers Green
· Indian Red
· One tube of Windsor Newton/Cotman White Gouache (Used just like watercolor paint, its more opaque rather than transparent. We will be using this with India Ink for a resist Piece)
· Small bottle of Black India Ink.
· Foam Brush (1 ½ or 2 inches wide)