Join Alesha Buczny, B.F.A. as we learn how to paint in watercolours. Learn about this wonderful medium as Alesha takes you step by step through 10 classes.
Watercolour Class Supply List:
Paper:Canson 140lb 9x12 pack of paper.
Watercolor Paints: I recommend Windsor Newton/Cotman (Student Grade) or Grumbacher (Michaels Brand). Both these paints come in kits and as individual tubes.
· Lemon Yellow
· Cadmium Yellow or Medium Yellow
· Cadmium Red
· Alizarin Crimson
· Dioxazine Violet
· Cerulean Blue
· Ultramarine Blue
· Prussian Blue
· Viridian Green
· Yellow Ochre
· Burnt Siena
· Burnt Umber
· Payne’s Grey
· Ivory Black
Brushes: I recommend 3 brushes to start with.
· 1 ½ - 2 inch flat brush
· #4 or #6 round brush
· Small round pointed tip brush which can be labelled as Detail or Linear.
Other Miscellaneous supplies, some you may have at home already:
· Green Painters Tape 1 ½-2 inches no smaller
· Paper Towel
· Paint tray
· Jar for water
· Spray bottle for water (Travel size size is great)
· Birch Board or Polycarbonate (any thin light plastic board will do) no smaller than
16 x20 inches.
· Pencil, Eraser and a fine point black gel pen or Sharpie.
· Small container of salt (Any kind will do, table pink, pickling or course)
Continuing Waterclor Students:
Please review the beginners list to see if you are missing anything. As well as there may be a few new supplies listed for you below.
New watercolor Colors:
I recommend Windsor Newton/Cotman (Student Grade) or Grumbacher (Michaels Brand).
· Gamboge Yellow
· Quinacridone Rose or Permanent Rose
· Purple Lake
· Sap Green
· Hookers Green
· Indian Red
· One tube of Windsor Newton/Cotman White Gouache (Used just like watercolor paint, its more opaque rather than transparent. We will be using this with India Ink for a resist Piece)
· Small bottle of Black India Ink.
· Foam Brush (1 ½ or 2 inches wide)